Jun 15, 2009

LindsB is my hero

It's official...after looking for FAR too long we've finally found a new space soon to be called "home"...and that was followed by my promise to make this new space feel like a "home" not just a place to sleep as I am often accused of by my better half.

How excited was I therefore to open up the Globe Magazine to find the fantastic feature "100 Decorating Ideas for under $100". I quickly abandoned the grocery list in favor of a second cup and promptly parked my tuchas down to read it cover to cover. And it is here that I found my new hero...LindsB and her blog everythingLEB. Linds is me...with follow through that is. She paints, she sews, she re-upholsters Craiglist chairs, she sells handmade etched glasses in her Etsy shop...good lord, does she ever sleep?

I have the best of intentions....I have great ideas....I even make it through to the materials gathering stage....and then life gets in the way. And suddenly I am staring at a tub full of fabric, trim and foam that should be my mother in law's window seat cushions...two years ago.

But I'm thinking that this new space can be a fresh start. If nothing else it has more room to actually work on projects. And my brain is absolutely brimming full of ideas (thanks to LEB and her blogroll of creative friends).

So here is my pledge to myself and my family: "I promise to work with you both to make our new space a welcoming and restful retreat; a place that we can enjoy our life with each other. I can't promise that it will all be done immediately but I do promise that it will all be done thoughtfully and on a reasonable time schedule."

There it is...my public declaration...and the feeling of accountability that it has instilled in me is equal parts exhilarating and terrifying.

And now, forward I go...and I take LindsB with me in spirit...hope she won't mind.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, Lynn this made me laugh out loud- you are too funny and kind...I really am not as great as you make me out to be, but I'll take it- so thank you!! Good luck with your blog, from the looks of it so far, its going to be great :)

    ReplyDelete